WBA Announces Micro-Grant Program
The Weaverville Business Association Micro-Grant Program is a small business support program providing grants ranging from $500 to $2,500 to small businesses in our service area. A selection committee composed of community members and leaders will review the grant applications and select the grant recipients. This program is not limited to Members of the WBA.
This program is made possible thanks to the Duke Energy Foundation’s Hometown Revitalization Fund and a partnership with the Asheville Buncombe Community Betterment Foundation.
Micro-Grant Applicants must be:
- For-profit businesses with <50 employees, or similarly sized nonprofits that operate a storefront small business, like a resale store or café.
- Headquartered in the zip codes: 28787, 28709, and 28701
Potential uses for the funding:
- Enhanced service or commerce opportunities, such as modifying physical space, technology to improve online sales or expanding capacity for delivering goods and services.
- Furniture for expanded outdoor capacity, such materials for construction of takeout windows, accessibility compliance for additional outdoor seating, additional fixtures required for compliance with public health issues.
- Storefront beautification projects enhancing the appearance of the business and downtown region. For example, new exterior paint, awnings, signage or planters.
- Tools or programs to support the business’s workforce needs. For example, working with a recruiter, paying to list job opportunities or tuition for a training program. Salaries and incentive pay are ineligible expenses, as noted below.
- 10/15/2022 – Application opens
- 11/15/2022 – Application closes
- 1/15/2023 – Grantees announced
All interested businesses are invited to join the WBA on Tuesday, September 27th at 5:30pm in the Community Room at Weaverville Town Hall for an overview of the Grant Program with a Question and Answer period.
Please email [email protected] to RSVP.