Title: WBA Administrator
Job Description: The Weaverville Business Association (WBA) contracts an administrator to complete organizational tasks on behalf of the board and the association members. This position is part-time, averages around 12-15 hours a week, requires scheduling flexibility and a wide variety of skills for managing online records of memberships and website maintenance, and some administrative tasks associated with event production.
The WBA Administrator attends all general membership and board meetings. The administrator manages membership rosters, the website, email lists, composes and publishes the monthly newsletter and maintains records and documents in Google Drive. The Business Association provides a dedicated laptop for this administrative position and 85% of this job can be done remotely. The administrator will need to attend monthly Board and Membership meetings, and those meetings are as follows:
- Board meetings on 3rd Tuesdays of each month from 8:30-9:30 am
- General Membership meetings on 4th Tuesdays of each month 5:30-7:00 pm
Monthly hours vary according to association activity. Higher hours per month usually correspond to event planning for the association. Pay for this position starts at $20/ hour.
Skills and Preferences:
- Familiarity with Google gmail and Google drive preferred, as well as Excel spreadsheets. Familiarity with WordPress or other back end website platforms preferred, but not mandatory. Other online management skills will be involved.
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken. This position requires that the individual communicate with a variety of people from the WBA board, town officials, volunteers, community members, and vendors with whom we do business.
- Excellent organizational skills for managing records and event logistics.
- Willingness to problem solve and proactively communicate with the board about what needs to be done.
- Transportation is important since this position can require picking up various documents or materials for the association and delivering them around town.
- Strongly prefer a Weaverville resident with commitment to the long-term health and growth of the town.
Please email resumes and letter of interest to: [email protected]