This is a small business support program awarding grants ranging from $500 to $2,500 to small businesses in our service area. This program is not limited to Members of the WBA.
Micro-Grant Applicants must be:
- For-profit businesses with <50 employees, or similarly sized nonprofits that operate a storefront small business, like a resale store or café.
- Headquartered in the zip codes: 28787, 28709, and 28701
Potential uses for the funding:
- Enhanced service or commerce opportunities, such as modifying physical space, technology to improve online sales or expanding capacity for delivering goods and services.
- Furniture for expanded outdoor capacity, such materials for construction of takeout windows, accessibility compliance for additional outdoor seating, additional fixtures required for compliance with public health issues.
- Storefront beautification projects enhancing the appearance of the business and downtown region. For example, new exterior paint, awnings, signage or planters.
- Tools or programs to support the business’s workforce needs. For example, working with a recruiter, paying to list job opportunities or tuition for a training program. Salaries and incentive pay are ineligible expenses, as noted below.
- 10/15/2022 – Application opens
- 11/15/2022 – Application closes
- 1/15/2023 – Grantees announced
This program is made possible thanks to the Duke Energy Foundation’s Hometown Revitalization Fund and a partnership with the Asheville Buncombe Community Betterment Foundation.
Please email [email protected] with questions.