Weaverville Music On Main Song Contest Official Rules:
1) Creation of a new, original, Weaverville focused song. The lyrics should speak to aspects of Weaverville – its natural beauty, sense of community and charm – and incorporate creativity from the artist;
2) Submission through the Music on Main webpage.
3) Candidates must provide their name, phone number, and email address (will remain confidential & only be used to contact winner) along with an audio or video file performing the song;
4) Candidates provide link or links to other public performances (if applicable);
5) The Music On Main Committee has the sole discretion regarding which songs are published to the Music on Main website for public consumption;
6) Entries will be judged on the quality of lyrics and musical composition and screened by the WBA Song Committee made up of musicians and Weaverville Business Association members;
7) Deadline to enter is May 3rd, and the winner will be notified by May 15th by phone and email;
8) The winner must have their own band, and be able to perform an hour-long set of music at Music on Main starting at 4:05pm on June 10th using their own musical equipment.
9) If the winner has to cancel for any reasons, Music On Main will provide a replacement for the opening act timeslot.
10) Submitting Content through the Contest website, any content whether public or private, Candidates hereby grant the Weaverville Business Association a limited, non-exclusive license to use, stream, transmit, beam, store, publicly display, translate, reproduce, and distribute such Content, in any format, whether known or unknown, including the limited right to use Candidates likeness, persona, logo, trademark, and right(s) of publicity ONLY for purposes of the Contest. This includes the recording of your live performance at Music on Main.
11) Candidates entering the Contest, represent and warrant their submission is an original work and the content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights or any other rights of any person or business. Candidates further agree to indemnify and hold Weaverville’s Music On Main and all contest sponsors, their subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any part of the entry causes Weaverville’s Music On Main to be liable to another.